Get connected in England and Wales
Over the past two years, we've welcomed an increase in solar energy connecting to our network.
Our transmission network
4,481 miles of overhead line
1,416 miles of underground cable
Connections application guide
If you’re applying to connect to the transmission network in England and Wales, then our handy guide will help you complete your National Grid ESO application form.
Our connections application guide includes information on:
- the different types of application
- how to fill in each section of your form
- what to include with your form
- what to do after you’ve completed your form
- the contact details you’ll need.
If you’re experiencing a power cut, you should call 105. Do not call your electricity supplier. Electricity suppliers sell consumers energy and are not responsible for power lines. Calling 105 is a free service.