Engineering and Consultancy Solutions (ECS)
National Grid has a long history of supporting businesses in the energy sector with engineering solutions. On this page, you’ll find out about the solutions available to you and how we can help manage, maintain and develop your assets and business.
ECS: how we can help you
National Grid ECS offers a range of engineering solutions to support your business. As specialists in engineering for the energy sector and industrial sites, we have the experience and training to help you increase your asset availability and prolong your assets’ life.
We can also customise our solutions to meet the specific needs of your business.
Our range of solutions
For more information on the solutions we offer, please select from one of our six areas of expertise below.
You can also view a summary of all our solutions or download an interactive infographic.
- Oil Management
- SF6 Surveys and Top-up
- Overhead Line Condition Monitoring (surveys by helicopter)
- High Voltage Services
Consultancy and policy support
- Asset Health
- Harmonics Consulting Services
- Electric and Magnetic Fields (EMFs) Management
- Flooding and Natural Hazards Risk Management
- Noise Impact Management
Build, refurb, replace, decommission
- Air Blast Circuit Breaker and Bay Refurbishment
- Refurbishment, Replacement and New Build
- Decommission and Recycle
- 24-hour Emergency Call-out
- Spares and Storage
- Cables and Accessories
- Control Person Operation (CPO) and Alarm Monitoring
- Control Person Safety (CPS)
- Special equipment hire
- Engineering document library
- Telecommunications sector services
- Hire of storage facilities
- RISSP training
- Impress Voltage training (coming soon)
We know how important your assets are
You can trust a company that’s been taking care of transmission assets for decades.
We’ve built up an extensive portfolio of best practice and engineering knowledge to help support you and your business
We offer a range of solutions to increase your asset availability and prolong your assets' life.