Network innovation competition (NIC)
We’re looking for brilliant innovators to help us solve the biggest challenges facing the electricity transmission network in England and Wales.
At National Grid, we’re committed to being an innovative leader in energy management and to safeguarding the world around us for future generations. Building a better future is something we can’t achieve alone, so we’re inviting innovators across the industry to help us confront and resolve the big challenges facing our electricity transmission business.
Are you up for the challenge? The best ideas which are seen to meet the challenges will be funded under the Network Innovation Competition (NIC). This is a fantastic opportunity!
How to get involved
Send a proposal to [email protected] by 30 November 2018. It should contain:
- A covering letter that contains an overview of your idea with clear and concise aim related to one of our three innovation challenges.
- A completed submission document for a 2-3 month feasibility study that will investigate your idea.
The innovation team will pick the best ideas to present at National Grid, where they will be assessed for funding. This will involve:
- A 15-minute presentation on how and why your project would deliver value in this area.
- A clear statement of what work and developments are needed to achieve the potential benefits of this project, along with a high-level plan to make significant progress towards these in the next 2-3 years.
- A list of any data or resources related to our business that would help progress your idea.
- Be available to present on one of the following dates; 8, 9, or 10 January 2019.
Your proposals must be compliant with the NIA funding criteria and you must be willing to work under the terms of the standard NIA contract.
If you have any questions please get in touch at [email protected]
Innovation team | Electricity Transmission